KS2 maternity cover Sept 2017- July 2018
Salary: MPS/UPS fixed term contract
Want a great year, teaching in a great school in a great location?
You will have to work hard here, but only on things that make a difference: we don’t do meaningless paperwork; we don’t grade lessons or monitor your planning. Instead of marking we give feedback in lessons. We are always trying to find smarter ways to do our work. We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives; people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. This means our working relationships can be relatively relaxed and informal. People love working here; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and forward looking.
You will be joining a 1 form entry Church of England school with an inclusive and multi-cultural ethos based in the vibrant Shoreditch area of Tower Hamlets. Our community includes pupils and staff from a range of different faiths as well as people with no faith – all are welcome. We work together to foster children who are compassionate, respectful, happy, tolerant, curious and collaborative as well as academically successful.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has a proven record of success as a class teacher and expertise in empowering children to make rapid progress.
- Demonstrates optimism about children and expect the highest possible standards
- Nurtures pupils’ emotional wellbeing
We offer you:
- Sensible and successful systems, based on research, with a commitment to reduce workload whenever possible
- A positive, warm and welcoming working environment
- Experienced, intelligent, lively colleagues
- Family-friendly working practices
- A fantastic location with great transport links
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th May
Interviews: week commencing Monday 22nd May
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged via on 020 7739 8058 or by emailing Maureen Marlborough at email@example.com This is also the address if you want an application pack. We reserve the right to close the selection process early.
St Matthias School is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment. We welcome applications from all section of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
St Matthias School
020 7739 8058